About Our Company
Our StoryPromess was formed as a Michigan Corporation in 1984 to provide the manufacturing industry with in-process monitoring systems. Specializing in force and torque monitoring applications, Promess quickly developed a worldwide reputation for supplying state-of-the-art, "turnkey" sensing and test systems. In 1989 Promess entered the motion control arena, developing a fully electric, ball screw assembly press with built in force monitoring. This was a first step in using process data measured in real time to close the loop on motion control. Additional developments followed in both the pressing and torque testing areas.
While still specializing in force and torque measuring systems Promess continued to develop systems that utilize various sensors, including pressure, flow, laser and temperature transducers to measure and react to process variables, adjusting the process in real time to produce good parts each and every cycle.Today Promess is known as the manufacturer of complete turnkey monitoring and motion systems used in a wide variety of Assembly and Test applications around the world. Promess delivers the complete system including the mechanics, control electronics, all sensors, amplifiers and software. Promess also provides pre-project application engineering assistance, installation support, and training services.
Our CulturePromess has a physical presence in 23 countries around the world with aggressive growth plans for North and South America as well as Europe. With the doubling of its facilities in both the U.S and Germany and the expansion of our presence in Mexico and South America, Promess is poised to continue its growth well into the future. Promess' mission is to provide our customers with innovative sensing and motion control solutions, taking full responsibility for the complete system, with the ultimate goal of reducing risk for our customers, saving both time and money.
What makes Promess different
- Under Sell – Over Support
- Successfully engineered technology-based solutions that have:
- Controlled and/or monitored billions of cycles
- Assembled and/or tested millions of components and assemblies for thousands of customers
- North American based manufacturing company
- Invest 15% of annual sales in future growth of our customers
- Design, develop, manufacture, and support all products, software, and applications from our campus in Brighton, MI
- Allows us to retain complete control over every facet of our product
- Eliminates the delay, difficulty, inconvenience, and cost of dealing with a foreign manufacturer
Our Technical Resources
- Employ more technical support than all of our competition combined
- Built an engineering team with over 185 years of combined experience
- Provided for the duration of the application and beyond
- Available to both the OEM and End User World Wide 24/7/365