UltraPRO SDE | Safety Drive Enclosure
The UltraPRO Safety Drive Enclosure (PRO-SDE) is a compact controller enclosure with drive and safety circuit all built into one unit. The PRO-SDE is the easiest way to add motion control capabilities paired with data acquisition and analysis to any current assembly or testing process. The PRO-SDE is a compact enclosure designed to hold both the Promess servo drive and safety circuit all in one location.
The enclosure is ideal for all environments, due to its IP65 rating design, the PRO-SDE eliminates the stress that comes with wiring up large complex electrical panels by offering a clearly labeled connector style connection. This is advantageous because one of the most common causes for service is incorrect wiring on electrical panels. The PRO-SDE being one complete unit allows for each installation, and once installed, comes with little to no routine maintenance.
The PRO-SDE was designed around EtherCAT technology allowing for faster data transfer throughout the system. In addition to the UltraPRO Controller and PRO-DSC, The PRO-SDE serves as a key component to Promess’ multi-axis UltraPRO Platform.
Safety Drive Enclosure Savings & Advantages
Safety Drive Enclosure (SDE) mounted to a Bolt Actuator for production
- Only one electrical enclosure
- Lower installation cost
- No additional safety circuit required
- Fewer parts the customer needs to order
- Less engineering required
- Pre-tested system
- Less service and troubleshooting required
- Zero Maintenance
- Compact drive package
- Robust enclosure
- Built-in 24VDC power supply
- All wiring is done in accordance with NFPA standards
- EtherCAT based which allows for faster data transfer
- Provides simple connector based interface vs. traditional terminal style wiring
- Incorrect wiring of safety circuit is the most common cause for service, with the UltraPRO-SDE, the category 3 safety circuit is built in
The HMI screens allow the user to program and set up the press routine. Easy templates are used to input the test information.
Features & Capabilities
- Plug & Play System
- Fewer connections
- Auto calibrations
- Stand alone system
- EtherCAT networking
- Real time EtherCAT motion control
- Scalable, expandable platform
- Modular system
Do You Have an Application?
Talk to one of our expert engineers or learn more about proving your
application in our Process Development Center.